St. Mary’s is Going Google
We are very excited to announce that St. Mary’s School is going Google in 2015. So, what does that mean? Well, it means a few things for our teachers, students and parents….
- Email: Our email system will now be on Gmail. Teachers will have all of the benefits of using Gmail with our StMarysMorris.com accounts.
- Calendar: Our St. Mary’s Calendar (which is already Google) will now be available to all Google Members! This means that you can sync our calendar to your smartphone … never miss an important date ever!
- Classroom: Google Classroom lets teachers create and organize assignments, provide feedback and easily communicate with their classes. If a student is home sick they can log into Google to find out what they have missed!
- Drive: Files can be shared and edited by anyone invited.
- Sites: Teachers can create their own Google site to list any important school information.
- Talk/Hangout: Google can now be used for video/voice chat for students, parents and teachers.
- ChromeBooks: All of our computer systems in the school are being phased out and replaced with ChromeBooks. Students will be able to use ChromeBooks for all of their assignments. With our recent flood, many of our computers were ruined and are being replaced with ChromeBooks.
There’s a lot more coming.
- By January, 2015: All teachers will be on Google (Gmail, Drive, Calendar)
- By February, 2015: Chromebooks to replace 35% of computers in the resource center
- By September, 2015: Grades 4-6 Teachers will be using Google Classroom and Google Sites for everyday classroom lessons
- Grades 4-6 on a 1:1 Chromebook Classroom
- By September, 2016: Grade 3 on a 1:1 Chromebook Classroom (Grade 2 will be on LearnPads, Grades K & 1 on iPads)
- By September, 2017: Additional Chromebooks available for Grade 2 (1:3 ratio)