St. Mary’s Catholic School strives to hire and retain the best faculty and staff for our students. St. Mary’s School offers an attractive benefit package. Our current openings are listed below.
Potential Teacher Opening (FT): St. Mary’s School is currently recruiting for full-time teaching positions. Grades may include Pre-K through Grade 6. All teachers must have a minimum of a Bachelors degree from an accredited university. While a teaching license is preferred it may not be required. Pre-K teacher must meet RULE 3. To begin in the 2020-21 School Year. Please complete the teacher application or contact the principal with any questions.
Potential PreK Teacher Aide (FT): St. Mary’s School is currently recruiting for a full-time teaching aide. Pre-K teacher aide must meet RULE 3 requirements. To begin in the 2020-21 School Year. Please complete the teacher application or contact the principal with any questions.
Spanish Language Teacher (PT): St. Mary’s School is looking for a part-time – 1 day per week (Mondays) Spanish teacher. Teacher would plan for 25-30 minute Spanish lessons for grades PreK through 6th grade each week. St. Mary’s has curriculum materials available and our Spanish teacher typically plans lessons to teach both the language and culture. If interested please contact the principal. Teacher license is not required for this position, however, is encouraged. This position will begin January 6, 2020.
- After-School Program Substitutes: To work in our after-school program when needed. Teachers would help students with homework and supervise students in the program. Program runs 3:05-5:45pm each day. This is a paid position. Please contact Mr. Ferriero. [email protected]
- Enrichment Teachers: St. Mary’s School is looking to create a pool of teachers to teach after-school enrichment classes. Classes will be 1 hour in length and begin at 3:30pm and end at 4:30pm. We are open to any/all concepts for classes. We are especially looking for fine/performing arts, intramural sports, science & engineering, computers/technology, chess, dance, karate, Yoga and Zumba teachers. Salary would be based on the total number of students. Classes would last 10 weeks (10 classes total). Please contact Mr. Ferriero with a brief summary of the proposed class.
- Substitute Teachers: If you are interested in being added to our substitute pool please send your information to the principal.
- After-School Tutors: High School (ages 15+) and College students who are looking for volunteer/service hours should contact Mr. Ferriero about helping with our students after-school program for this year and next year. Will include: helping students with homework, reading to/with students, helping with basic math facts, test-prep, etc. This is a non-paid position.
Full time teaching applicants must have a college/university degree in education with a current MN teaching license. Please send cover letter, references, and resume to:
Mr. Joseph Ferriero, Principal
St. Mary’s Catholic School
311 Colorado Ave
Morris, MN 56267
or email to [email protected]orris.com
You can begin your application by submitting our introductory form online now. This will put you directly into our database of applicants.
- Principal Job Description
- Teacher Job Description
- Head Cook Job Description
- Second Cook Job Description
- Secretary Job Description
- Custodian Job Description
Teaching Qualifications and Credentials
- Bachelor/Masters degree in education and/or related field
- Valid Minnesota Department of Education license (preferred but not required)
- Knowledge of content areas and structured unit and lesson planning
- Student-centered teaching style focused on student learning
- High sense of professionalism
Employment in and by a Catholic school is substantially different from secular employment. Catholic school employees must conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the school. An employee’s behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the Diocese, so as to embarrass the school or give rise to scandal. It is required that all employees be active, participating members of a faith community.
Full Time employees (30+ hours) enjoy the following benefits:
- Daycare Flex
- Medical Flex
- Medical Insurance Package
- Sick Leave and Personal Leave Time
- Retirement Package with employee contribution
All Employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Tuition Discount for children attending St. Mary’s
St. Mary’s School Participates in: