St. Mary's School will start 2 hours late on Feb 21.
St. Mary’s Catholic School strives to hire and retain the best faculty and staff for our students. St. Mary’s School offers an attractive benefit package. Our current openings are listed below.
- Cafeteria Cook Substitute: St. Mary’s School is looking for an on-call substitute to work in our kitchen. At this time all meals will be planned. The sub will take on the role of either head cook or assistant as needed. Duties will include preparation and serving of meals to students and staff in the school under established rules, policies and procedures. When acting as head cook you will supervise kitchen staff and oversee total operation of kitchen.
- Assemble, prepare and serve food items according to child nutrition guidelines, standardized recipes and directions from the full time head cook.
- Maintain a clean work area and handle food properly using procedures established.
- Utilize safety measures as it pertains to use and operation of equipment in the kitchen including utensils, knives, and other equipment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must be 18+; experience working is food service a plus; certified food manager certification and/or culinary degree a plus.
- This is a paid position. Hours would be 8:30a-1:30p. Please contact Mr. Ferriero. [email protected] 320-589-1704
- After-School Program Substitutes: To work in our after-school program when needed. Teachers would help students with homework and supervise students in the program. Program runs 3:05-5:45pm each day. This is a paid position. Please contact Mr. Ferriero. [email protected]
- Enrichment Teachers: St. Mary’s School is looking to create a pool of teachers to teach after-school enrichment classes. Classes will be 1 hour in length and begin at 3:30pm and end at 4:30pm. We are open to any/all concepts for classes. We are especially looking for fine/performing arts, intramural sports, science & engineering, computers/technology, chess, dance, karate, Yoga and Zumba teachers. Salary would be based on the total number of students. Classes would last 10 weeks (10 classes total). Please contact Mr. Ferriero with a brief summary of the proposed class.
- Substitute Teachers: If you are interested in being added to our substitute pool please send your information to the principal.
- After-School Tutors: High School (ages 15+) and College students who are looking for volunteer/service hours should contact Mr. Ferriero about helping with our students after-school program for this year and next year. Will include: helping students with homework, reading to/with students, helping with basic math facts, test-prep, etc. This is a non-paid position.
Full time teaching applicants must have a college/university degree in education with a current MN teaching license. Please send cover letter, references, and resume to:
Mr. Joseph Ferriero, Principal
St. Mary’s Catholic School
311 Colorado Ave
Morris, MN 56267
or email to [email protected]
You can begin your application by submitting our introductory form online now. This will put you directly into our database of applicants.
- Click here to apply for a NON teaching position.
- Click here to apply for a teaching position.
- Download Application for Employment (pdf)
Teaching Qualifications and Credentials
- Bachelor/Masters degree in education and/or related field
- Valid Minnesota Department of Education license with an Elementary Education endorsement or other related endorsement
- Knowledge of content areas and structured unit and lesson planning
- Student-centered teaching style focused on student learning
- High sense of professionalism
Employment in and by a Catholic school is substantially different from secular employment. Catholic school employees must conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the school. An employee’s behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the Diocese, so as to embarrass the school or give rise to scandal. It is preferred that all employees be active, participating members of a faith community.
Full Time employees (30+ hours) enjoy the following benefits:
- Daycare Flex
- Medical Flex
- Medical Insurance Package
- Sick Leave and Personal Leave Time
- Retirement Package with employee contribution
All Employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Tuition Discount for children attending St. Mary’s
St. Mary’s School Participates in: