To use St. Mary’s School access to the internet, I agree to follow the following rules:
- I will not give anyone my name, address, telephone number, parent’s work address/telephone number or the name and location of my school without a supervisor’s permission.
- I will not give anyone the names, address, telephone numbers of friends.
- I will tell the supervisor right away if I come across any information, pictures, etc. that are against school rules/guidelines.
- I will not get together with anyone I have met while using the Internet unless I have my parents/supervisors permission.
- I will not send anyone my picture or anything else without my parents/supervisors permission.
- I will not threaten anyone or use improper language.
- If I get a message with threats or improper language, I will tell the supervisor and/or my parents right a way.
- I will follow school rules about how long I can be online, when I can be online and the areas I can visit.
- I will not download any programs or pictures without permission from a teacher.
- I will not use any form of computer communication (webmail, msn messenger, email, etc.) unless it is for a special assignment or unless overseen by a teacher.
As the parent/legal guardian of the minor student agreeing to the above, I grant permission for my son/daughter to access the Internet. I understand that individuals and families may be held liable for violations. I understand that some materials on the Internet may be objectionable, but I accept responsibility for guidance on Internet use—setting and conveying standards for my daughter/son to follow when selecting, sharing or exploring information and media.