Welcome to Science with Mr. Ferriero
Has your child ever asked why a steel cargo ship stays afloat? In class we are currently studying different types of matter and their properties. Students will learn about differences between the states of matter. At home you can try some activities that can involve you directly in your child’s learning. For example, you may check the buoyancy of a homemade boat or test the effect of heat on a sugar water solution.
Students can earn extra credit if they complete these At Home Activities with their families!
- September/October, 2018: Man Overboard!
- Notes: Chemistry (students must be logged into their St. Mary’s Google account to open)
- Notes: Be A Scientist
- Quiz: Chemistry I – November 6 – Click here for Study Guide
- Adopt and Element Project – Due November 13 – Click here for directions
- 10/5: Density Lab (text p.491)
- 9/17-/20: Skittles Lab
- Textbooks Activity Site – https://www.macmillanmh.com/science/2010/student/na/grade6/index.html
- American Museum of Natural History Textbook Activities – https://www.amnh.org/explore/resource-collections/macmillan-mcgraw-hill-science-2008/science-a-closer-look-grade-6/